Sunday, November 15, 2009

Renfest Today


Karla and I will be dropping the kids off with Aunt Tigger (who is hereby nominated for sainthood) today and going to the Texas Renaissance Festival. It will be the first time we've done anything without the kids in probably over a year.

Somehow I get this picture of us staring at each other and trying to figure out something to say that doesn't involve diapers, lunches, school, teachers, homework, kid's clothes, toys, or kids nutrition. Seriously, I can't think of a conversation we've had lately that didn't involve those kind of things . . . with the exception of asking how her day at work was.

It will be weird, because back when we were young and childless we loved to go to the Renfest. I even went once in the throes of pneumonia. But that was back before we looked at the world through the prism of how it related to the kids. I wonder if we can get away from that for just one day. It would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment