Monday, November 16, 2009

Rainy Morning

I woke to the sound of the rain hammering my window, creating the type of atmosphere that makes it very hard to get out of bed. Something about a dark, rainy day just makes me want to curl up and go right back to sleep. The rhythm of the drops on the roof is a natural lullabye.

But, duty calls . . .

The absence of such duty, and the sole company of my wife, made yesterday a small slice of heaven. Karla and I's outing to the Renfest was the most quietly enjoyable time I have had in a very long time. Just wandering from shop to shop, looking at the "sparklies", and even buying something here or there, was pure bliss. Especially as opposed to the previous outings where the pace was entirely different and the focus was on appeasing demands for riding the next ride, and moving on. We definitely need to find a way to spend time like that more often.

Ah well, I have lunches to pack as Rowan's bus will be here shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment