Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Crack in the Wall?


I'm actually toying with a short story at the moment. I already have a beginning, and some idea of a middle, but I haven't figured out how I want to end it yet. It's another ghost story, set first in a drive-in diner in the fifties, then later out on a dark highway as a young local daredevil gets in a car race with a vengeful spirit. I like the feel of it so far. Could my writer's block be crumbling?

On another front, Sheridan has expressed an interest in joining Cub Scouts. He really has no idea what they are, but he knows he wants to do it. I'm not really averse to the idea itself, it's just that finding the time could be a problem. He does need to get out more, as he is currently turning into a little computer potato. He was excited to see that I had bought Christmas lights for the house this year, and is now enthusiastically offering his services to help put them up. Needless to say, I've been noncommital on that issue. The scenes of holiday disaster that that boy conjures are scary enough without putting him on a roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment