Friday, November 13, 2009

More Autumn Goodness


Sheridan stayed home yesterday, and so he and I did a good Father/Son activity that suited this harvest time of the year. We each played computer games on our own computer. You could feel that autumn nip in the air as he played Spore and I surfed the internet. The keyboards clicked with the crisp staccato of fall.

Other than that, I was pretty useless today. And it felt great.

I realize I can't walk totally away from writing, or this blog will turn into a maudlin affair about nothing but the kids. And while I'm sure Nonni would be happy with that, I know others might get a tad bored. So I will have to keep my mind at least a little bit on writing related topics while I'm taking my sabbatical.

I'm actually toying with one idea, but being very careful not to push it, of two people driving to a distant destination at night. One leading in a van, the other following in a car. The person in the van picks up somebody that his partner comes to realize may not be normal. A lot of ways that can go.

Oh well, thats all for now. I've got to get a little shuteye before it's time to get the kids breakfast ready.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a day well spent! (Of course, I'm a gamer so I would say that. :) )

    Your road trip story sounds like something that might take place on I-10 between Ft. Stockton and Van Horn. I doubt they have very good cell phone reception there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a gamer, but then the kids came along. Needless to say, all those shooters and other games that involve lots of stabbing, hacking, and stuff disappeared from my harddrive. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete