Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Been a Week


It's been a week, folks.

First of all, I have had one or both kids home sick every day this week. They have been fighting a fever and cough that doesn't seem to want to let go. We thought we had Rowan healed and sent her to school on Weds, but that turned out not to work well. We will probably try again with her tomorrow since she did so well Thursday afternoon. Sheridan isn't as far along yet, and will most likely stay home Friday as well. He spent all afternoon on the couch Thursday with an on again/off again fever.

Then, on top of that, I had plumbers over for two days tearing all our faucets and fixtures out and replacing them. Hooray! At least we have hot water again! On the other hand our water pressure is still not what it should be but the only way to fix that is to replace all our pipes. A quick estimate from the plumbers of what that would cost, and I realized I will have to sell some organs to afford it now. So it's going to have to wait...for a good while.

Obviously, this means that not a lot of editing has gotten done. What I might do is go ahead and print out what I have tomorrow and pass it on to my proofreaders for comment. I like to give them as polished a product as possible, but it's not in bad shape and I can still tweak it more after getting feedback from them. I have actually already gone over it one and a half times now, so it's hardly a rough draft anymore. And with only four days left till February, I would like to turn more of my attention to kindle formatting.

Then it will be time to try another project. What I might do is send a copy of what I got of Argiope off to yet another proofreader and get feedback from him as I'm thinking of putting a few weeks into that. But I need to get busy on something to keep that production going.

Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment