Friday, October 23, 2009

Ratatoille


This might be good to make with the grilled stuff for the party. The only problem is that Karla works that day, so I might already have my hands full. It' s good stuff though, I've made it before.

Out of lack of inspiration, I've started a test rewrite for the first story in "Ways of Khrem." I really screwed that submission up the first time, even in the way I went about submitting it. I know you have to make mistakes to learn from them, but that still doesn't make remembering them any more pleasant.

When you are a writer, there are a lot of steps in the process where there is nobody to double check you but yourself. So you have to do that . . . double check yourself . . . because it's the only way your manuscript will get the chance it deserves. I can't emphasize that point enough; You are your manuscripts only friend, and it depends on you to get things right. I blew it the last time I submitted my novel. I didn't give a good sample of it, and I gave a terrible synopsis of it. Looking back on it, I realize that had I been the publisher I would have thought the novel was about something entirely different than what it really is.

So . . . lesson learned.

The hard way.

I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow, and a sick kiddo staying home with me. Rowan had a low grade temperature again, so I'll be keeping her home for a day with me. Three day weekend for the little beastie.

No comments:

Post a Comment