Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Final Checks


I have been editing "The World in Strips" for the past two days and I'm about done. I've incorporated almost all the corrections that Charlie and Steph recommended, and a few of my own. Now it's really just a matter of working up the nerve to hit that "submit" button.

I'll probably go over it a couple of times more. I still feel the last paragraph is a bit abrupt, and could use one more sentence for purposes of flow and rhythm. Then it's off to the publisher and time for me to get another project underway.

Assuming I can hit that button. Because I know as soon as I do, I will think of six different ways to make the story dramatically better.

Sigh.

Rowan had a tummy upset and fever last night, so she will be staying home with me today. That will cut into my writing. Hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow. Poor girl. She can't even tell us she feels yucky. Just walks up to Karla, who was on the couch, and urps on the floor right in front of her. I guess that's communication.

Lots of Rice Chex for her today.

1 comment:

  1. I would say that qualifies as perfect communication. Yurp. There, get the hint? Hope she's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete