Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hey! Somebody Out There Likes Me!





Heather, over at Bewitched Bookworms just did a review of The Ways of Khrem. It appears she liked it...which is always a relief for me. Be sure and visit the site to get other reviews for books you guys out there might be interested in.

I'm sort of in that intermediate limbo where I'm finishing up the tweaking on a story, waiting for proofreader suggestions to come in, and then hitting the publish button so I can move on to the next project...more than likely Argiope. I'm also kind of brainstorming for new short story ideas, but haven't hit on anything strong yet.

The only thing I've got so far is a mental image of a young boy in Transylvania like situation. His mom has gone on a trip to the next village but is now knocking on the door of their cottage at night and asking to be let in...even though she has left strict instructions that he is never to open the door after dark to anybody. It's pretty clichéd so I'm not too thrilled with it.

Oh well, I still have till this summer to come up with enough short stories for my Shades: The Collection title. And it's not just about the number of short stories, but the word count too. "Death and White Satin" and "The Mushroom Man" both weigh in at over ten thousand words, so there is twenty thousand words just in those two stories alone. "A Memory of Me" is also at 7,500 words so if you put those three stories together you are already almost a third of the way to a hundred thousand word anthology. I've got a couple of five thousand word stories also slated for it, so that's good too. Still need more stories though. I would like to have at least ten.

Oh well, that's enough for now. I need to get some sleep so I can get up and get the kiddos off to school. Today is Starbucks day. Maybe I'll get some more editing done there.

Happy Tuesday, folks!

4 comments:

  1. Nate,
    Heather did a fabulous job on her review of "Ways of Khrem." She captured Cargill right-on in her description of him. And I'm glad she like the City of Khrem--you put a lot of thought, sweat, and effort in its creation. Very impressive, indeed.
    Congratulations on getting a great review!

    Cherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cherri! I really loved Nate's book and I'm glad that came through in my review.

    Nate-I'm glad I got the chance to read this and review it. I really loved Cargill and the Captain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete