Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Monday!



So last night I slept without a varmint thundering around in the attic above my head.

It was really kind of nice. Because while there was something entertaining at times listening to thumps and scurrying of my former raccoon nemesis, I also knew he was getting into stuff up there and tearing things up. So while our household is now a member shorter, I think it is a good thing in this case. I think the cats provide enough wildlife for my tastes.

And today marks another bright occasion. I will go in and get fitted for new braces today as well. Woohoo! Having a new set of orthopedic legwear will put my mind at ease because the ones I've got are getting really old and have been breaking down. So that will be another item taken care of. There has been a lot of that going on lately.

I've also got Argiope up above 77,000 words, so I seem to have gotten that started again. It's been a bit of a struggle to get those out, but at least the story is going forward again. Going slowly, but going. I'll take any progress at the moment.

On another note, I went and bought Valentines cards for my kids to give to their friends at their school party. I almost didn't find them because apparently what I was looking for doesn't exist anymore. It seems that Valentines Day cards for kids nowadays are tiny little things barely larger than tags. I couldn't believe my eyes, but two shopping moms nearby assured me that those were what I was hunting for. The things don't even come with envelopes.

So I bought them, and I just hope I haven't sent my poor kid to school with the wrong thing so that all his friends will hate him and his life will be ruined and he'll blame me and run off with gypsies.

Oh well, we will see.

Happy Monday folks, and enjoy this glorious start to a new week.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, they get over your parental faux pas. If they are anything like Courtney, mind you, you will hear about said faux pas for YEARSSSSSS. But they do get past them and move on. LOL.

    ReplyDelete