Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Different Approach


So I'm going to try a different approach to break my mental logjam on Argiope.

I'm going to skip ahead and write scenes that I know are going to occur, and worry about tying them back in later. That way work is getting done, and I will also have more time to figure a way forward between where I am and the scene that takes place later. I have never tried anything like this before, but I guess it can't hurt. It just doesn't come natural to me. I usually (okay, always) start a story at the beginning and work my way forward till I reach the point that I can slap "The End" on. (okay, I never actually write "The End" either)

I guess we'll just have to see how this works.

One reason for this is that I've been spending too much time lately brainstorming and not enough time putting my fingers to the keys. And the problem with brainstorming is that it can kind of take on a life of it's own and then you find out you haven't actually typed anything in a while. So one of the main goals here is to put my fingers to the keyboard and start producing verbage.  I'm just going to have to make myself put words on the Word processor program at least once a day...and for now those words are going to have to be part of Argiope.

So I'm going to jump ahead and start working on a scene between Adam, Olivia, and a young member of the enemy faction who finds himself forced to ally with them as they have do deal with a large arachnid that has joined them in a darkened movie theater. It's the scene I'm "seeing" at the moment, so why  not write it while it's fresh in my head?

Oh well, we'll see how this new fangled process works...even though doing new things makes me kind of grouchy.

Happy Humpday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment