Monday, December 6, 2010

A Few Monday Issues


Well, I haven't got much written over the weekend. But I did take Sheridan to his Cub Scout racing practice, where he practiced his teamwork and guiding their pushcar. I think his den leader deserves a merit badge of her own for her patience with the little goober as he managed to keep getting out of the wrong side of the car, guide his car off the track once, and generally reduce the process to an exercise in confusion. But he did eventually get it, and she didn't pull all her hair out.

My dad also came by and removed a lot of the tree resting on our house. It's good to have family who are handy with chainsaws. Sadly, I'm not much use in situations like that anymore so it was my lovely wife who threw on the gloves, "manned up," and went out and helped him. I settled for helping Grandma referee the kids, since she brought two extra with her from my sister.

I also watched the Cowboys win a football game. Yeah, I know...Wow! They've started doing that lately. Too bad they waited until they were completely out of contention to do so, but at least it means they're still worth watching. Oh well, at least they should get a decent draft choice next year.

On the writing front, I'm editing two short stories that I'm actually thinking of putting up on Goodreads for free. One is a Christmas story, and the other is a rather twisted tale of revenge. They are polar opposites of each other. The funny thing is that I write mainly fantasy and horror, and neither of these stories fall into either catagory. Still, I'll think about it.

On a last note, there was no Writers Night Out as Cherri Galbiati was feeling a little under the weather, and I decided not to go alone. There's always next week!

Happy Monday, folks!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like interesting stories- a tale of two holidays :). I've never tried to post to Goodreads for free- even more adventures to discover :)

    Glad the tree got taken away! Our front yard is still covered in branches- they're in a pile, though :)

    Hope it's a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I uploaded the Christmas story. I haven't decided what to do with the other one yet.

    ReplyDelete