Friday, December 10, 2010

Dear Santa


Dear Santa,

The thing I want most this Christmas is to get my Christmas shopping done by next week. That would really be swell. And if you could toss a reindeer or two my way to help, or even an elf, that would be excellent. Of course, they may be busy at the moment so I would happily settle for a little flying dust...or is that fairy stuff? I don't know, I don't follow that stuff.

Anyways, I'm doing my part as I have sent lists for the kids off to my family, and I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. I'm also going through Amazon.com hunting those early gifts. The less time I'm hauling my poor fat gimpy self through the malls, the better. I do intend on visiting a mall, but the plan is to already have my shopping done and just show up to soak up the ambiance...and feel superior to all the other people rushing around desperately for that last minute gift. The Joy of Gloating.

I also hope to make the best of this last upcoming week of sanity before the kids get two weeks off for Christmas. This time I intend to approach it in a more positive fashion and try and find ways to have fun with it. They're only this age once, right? But if you feel like throwing a little of that jolliness my way, it would really be appreciated.

Next week should also be interesting writing wise. I'm hoping to get in two blog reviews, and a promotion from kindle daily all in the same week. That is if things work out right. I guess we shall see. I'll be sure and link to the blog reviews when they come in.

On a last note, I went ahead and gave my wife her Christmas present early since she already knew what it was going to be,  and anyways she picked up the package on the porch before I got to it. I got her a Kindle DX and she loves it. Hubby did good.  Now I feel much more Christmasy :)

Your pal,

Nate

PS. I'm still leaning towards a nice BBQ grill as I pretty much have everything else I need and can't think of anything else I want at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment