Monday, May 17, 2010

Writer's Night Out

I went out to Denny's to celebrate the release of my new novel with Cherri Galbiati. I had a cheeseburger and fries, a hot fudge sundae, and enough Dr. Pepper to float a battleship. I could literally feel my waistband getting tighter. On the other hand, the gluten hasn't seemed to have really done much to me, so if I don't get cocky and dumb...and go eat a bunch more...then I think I'll be fine, and be able to continue writing without undue interruption.
.
Good deal.
.
Since I'm waiting to launch my ad campaign, I might as well spend the time writing. I think I need to set a deadline and try shooting for that. I've never done it before, and up until now I've just kind of wrote when I wanted to, and on whatever I felt like. Let's see how a deadline effects things. Although I don't know how effective a self imposed deadline can be...since the imposer is me and I can impose on myself not to be so darned imposing. It's an imposing situation when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment