Sunday, May 16, 2010

Promotion


Now begins the part that I have little stomach for...the promotion.
.
Being as I'm constitutionally a bit of a hermit, the idea of going out and promoting myself has always seemed kind of crass...something other authors did while hopefully the world would just intuitively beat a path to my doorstep. But it doesn't work that way. So I have to go push my wares.
.
I'm going to have to rely on the internet for a lot of it, since my mobility is limited by kids and disability. I'm designing ads, and getting ready to place them. I'm just waiting for the picture of the book to come up at Amazon.com so I'm not sending people to a bad looking page. I'll also mention the books availability a time or two on facebook, but I don't want to spam people so I won't do it too much. I'll also be promoting the book at Apollocon this year, and will have a table inside the dealers room itself. That reminds me, I need to make up some posters.
.
Fear not. The add up top is only for a week or so. I'm learning while I'm doing.
.
Oh well, now I feel all cheap and tawdry...so I must be getting into the swing of the thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment