Monday, May 3, 2010

Done


"The Ways of Khrem" was sent to the printers Sunday evening. It is now on it's way to becoming a printed novel. It should be available on Amazon.com in a few weeks.
.
When my publisher told me that, my initial reaction was "now what?" I have been sending and recieving edits for so long, it's kind of odd to realize that that's all over with. There is no next step. It's over.
.
So I went out to celebrate by having a writer's night out with Cherri Galbiati and eating a cheeseburger. Yes, a real cheeseburger with real bread. I just wrote a novel, darn it, and I'm allowed now to glutenize myself stupid. I may eat a pizza tomorrow. Then I guess I'll do laundry or something...my celebration skills leave a little to be desired.
.
I guess I can start thinking about writing other things again. That will be nice. Maybe a few short stories, then try and crawl back into the world of Argiope. I have some thoughts on that novel, but that will be for another post. Tonight I'm just basking in the glow of accomplishment, and living with the dread that success breeds further expectations. Oh well, there's always a dark cloud to fill that silver lining.
.
On another note, Rowan started drawing pictures for me of spiders. It's the first object I've ever seen her draw. She has always done symbols like letters and numbers before. But she brought me this ball with lots of lines sticking out of it and announced it was a spider. Then she had me write the word "spider" beside it. Then she drew another, and another, and another...till I now have a countertop and tabletop full of spider pictures. All of which were brought to me to be labeled.
.
So it's been an interesting weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What did you show her that got her started, anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there are several sources she could have gotten the idea. The bookcover, or my background on my laptop, or "itsy bitsy spider," ...but I'm guessing my laptop background. There is no way to be sure.

    ReplyDelete