Friday, May 7, 2010

Rawr!



Ole Toothsome says "Hello." You'll have to read the book to find out who he is.
.
The reason for the pic above is that I'm considering adding a beastary to the web page I'm planning for The Ways of Khrem. It would contain entries and artwork on monsters contained in, or mentioned by, the book. There would creatures such as Felk Spiders, Storm Wraiths, Barrow Wolves, Sarolisks, Stone Drakes, and several others. I haven't decided the format yet. One idea is using entries from a book that Cargill owns, called Crewells Beastiary. While he has volume two of the book, I could make the different creatures be listed like entries from different volumes of the book.. Oh well, it's just an idea at this point.
.
I wasn't originally expecting the book to come out until late summer or early fall...then it got moved up to the first of June. Now it might be out even earlier. That's actually cool, but it means I didn't have the time I thought I would have to get some things ready...like the webpage...that I thought I would have. So I'm sort of scrambling. It will get done though. And I can always improve on things after the book comes out.
.
I've also been doing more snooty reading today. I've been reading Geoffrey de Villehardouin's first hand account of the Fourth Crusade. The Gutenburg Project absolutely rocks. You can download tons of books that are public domain for free...many of them translated manuscripts from long ago. I highly recommend it for fantasy authors, who want to do a little research on the old ways of the world. Just something to build on.
.
I think I'm going to sleep in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment