Friday, May 28, 2010

Argiope Update

I'm somewhere over forty thousand words into Argiope, but I'm currently stalled. I seem to have written myself into a corner and I'm going to have to devote some serious braincycles into figuring out how I'm going to go forward.
.
I insist on my stories adhering to their own internal logic, as I think the failure to do that ruins more books and movies...at least for me. So, I'm going to have to either figure out how to go forward, or go back and rewrite the last four thousand words or so. It's just a matter of devoting the time and thought into making the right decision.
.
And time and thought are currently at a premium. With me focusing so much on learning about internet advertising, marketing, and such...I'm having a hard time shifting the mental gears to get back into the story mode. I also have one blog radio interview scheduled, and another one that I need to get scheduled. I'll be on Page Readers Blogtalk Radio at noon on Monday, May 31st. Be sure and listen to me make a complete disaster of it.
.
Oh well, on a happier note, Karla is back home. It's nice to have her safe and sound back among us, and the kids are glad to see her, too. And just in time too...I just bought an animal trap to capture the wildlife that is having wild brawls in our attic, and I needed somebody to crawl up there and set the trap.

3 comments:

  1. it is tough switching gears. Even harder for me because I like the creative side more than the marketing side of writing. Your fans will want the next stories, though :)
    I added Khrem to my web's favorite book links :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lenka. You're right. Switching hats between promoter and writer gets aggravating...and messes up the old thought processes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the spider's comment. LOL. Made me laugh this morning while I'm sitting at work trying to drum up enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete