Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Success is scary





So now I have a novel accepted for publication.
.
After the initial high has worn off, and the celebrations are done, where does that leave me?
.
Pretty damn worried, to be honest.
.
Now I've got a lot to learn, and a lot to figure out. I want to do a good job of supporting this novel, and I'm already studying how to make websites or a better blog. "The Ways of Khrem" will have it's own website when the time comes, and i intend to see to it that it has extra content for the reader. Artwork, story snippets, and I'm thinking a beastiary of the different monsters mentioned or encountered in the book may be included. Of course, i will have to coordinate with my publisher at Pill Hill Press over this.
.
I'm also looking into different forms of advertising. I know that the resources of a small press are limited, and that they are counting on me to pull my weight in the marketing department. I'm willing to invest some time, effort, and money to give this book a chance to be a success. I'm studying how internet banners work, and looking into future fantasy and scifi conventions that I can attend.
.
I also have to find time to keep writing. I'm hoping to get a thousand words on Argiope done tonight. I'm working on a scene that I need to insert back in an earlier part of the book. It's just something that makes sense, and also livens up a saggy part of the story. I'm hoping to get Argiope finished by this summer, and then move on to my next project. I'm considering that project to be "The Lords of Khrem." It would almost be like coming home.
.
Oh well, I have a lot of work, studying, and possibly even artwork to do. My hands aren't what they used to be, but we'll see if I can still draw at a decent level.

No comments:

Post a Comment