Sunday, March 28, 2010

Eight Thousand Words In



I'm better than halfway through "The Cistern" now, and Cargill is slithering down the tight shaft into the chamber below the hill. I'm trying to play down the ropes a little, but it's also going to be a matter of playing up other angles. When I'm done, the idea is for it to pretty much read the same as before but not be quite so confusing.

One of the things I'm trying to preserve is the sense of "process" when it comes to Cargill. He is a man of method and skill, and I want to preserve that. I don't mind simplifying things some, but I don't want to get away from the things he does. I only want to do it for clarification.

I woke up a little bummed out this morning. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's chemical or something...but Nate has a case of the blues at the moment.Oh well, when you can't even figure out why you're depressed, it can't be that serious. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment