Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Edit Continues.


I ripped five pages out of a scene early in the book, and replaced it with four that told the story in a leaner, yet better way. I call that a good thing. I've also cleared an idea with my editor that will make a later scene in the same story work much better. These are two pieces of good news, because once I have these done then it's back to just squishing typos and mistakes. After that, I'll send this part back in. This weekend is now a reasonable goal.
.
I went out to Denny's tonight and did a little studying on the writing industry. Ebooks are the way of the future, although I don't think print will ever completely fade. But more and more, the web is becoming the preferred means of distribution...which means the web will also be the best means of marketing. MacMillon may have won a battle with Amazon.com, but they are going to lose the war. It's inevitable. Clinging to old paradigms will be their downfall.
.
Sheridan stayed home sick yesterday, so I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but I'm still on track. I hope he's feeling better today. He does to, since he missed his chance to be good at school and earn his first milkshake of the week. I told him he could try again today. He gets rewarded with milkshakes on Tuesday and Friday if he's good at school. Sometimes Weds too.
.
Stinkerbell is coming along. She actually asked, "Help, Daddy!" when she wanted to get into the back yard, but couldn't get the screen door open. Yay!
.
Oh well, the house is asleep so back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment