Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again



After ingesting some gluten today, I was fuzzy headed for several hours but I managed to shake it off. It's odd, I had eaten several doses of gluten when celebrating my book getting accepted for publication without any ill effects. But this time it hit me like a brick between the eyes. Oh well, I'll just have to be more careful again.

.

Anyways, I did manage to get some work done on the "Ways of Khrem" blogspot site. Cherri Galbiati sent me a link that showed me how to make pages for the blog, and I successfully accomplished that after tinkering around with it for a while. Then I even managed to install a custom background on it. I'm beginning to scare myself with all these acts of technical savvy. Regardless, it will still be months before that blog goes active, but I want it to be ready.

.

Now I'm back to editing. Right now that's mainly a process of finding all the changes she has inserted and hitting the "accept change" button. They're mainly typos, bad word usage, or syntax errors. Also, due to the fact I made this manuscript on two different word processing programs, it has some font inconsistences that need fixing. Mainly with quotation marks. I'm going to have to hunt all those down and fix them.

.

The few times I actually hit the "reject change" button is either in regards to dialogue where thats just what the charactor said, or in other situations where my breach of the rules was deliberate. For instance, I sometimes use sentence fragments on purpose, for effect.

.

Anyways, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment