Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rip Van Winkle Awakes


Sorry for the late blog update, folks. I just slept a little over eighteen hours.
.
Yeah, eighteen hours.
.
And I still feel like a garbage truck must have parked on me for part of that time. I think there is the wee chance I may have come down with something. I had been hacking and coughing for the past two or three days anyways.
.
Anyways, I got the edit for part two of The Ways of Khrem back, and I have a lot of work ahead. I'm not really surprised. "The Cistern" had my proofreaders divided into two camps. Those who loved it, and those who had their eyes glaze over from the technical descriptions. So I sort of saw this coming. I'll need to figure out how to preserve what Cargill is doing to demonstrate how skilled he is, yet simplify things further for the reader who doesn't really want to get into "process." At the same time, the editor gave me a way to go forward, by showing me what was working in the previous parts. I'll see what I can do with that.
.
Charlie also pointed out some things that needed work on "The Barrow Wolf." Overall, that story is much closer to completion. Of course, I've learned a lot about writing in the space between "The Cistern" and "The Barrow Wolf" so I wasn't as prone to making the same mistakes. Oh well, it's all good and it sure beats sitting around and staring at blank screens and wondering how to start. I'll be busy for the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment