Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Duhhhhh......


My big discovery of the day . . . while Doritos Corn Chips are gluten free, Nacho Cheese Doritos are not. So after a second major ingestion of gluten in a weeks time, I can literally feel my I.Q. falling like a rock. Fortunately, I had reached my writing goal before screwing up. One of these day's I'm going to have to write a thriller where allergies feature in a big way.
I don't know if I'm going to do much writing over the next two weeks. I may find it more fruitful to spend the time free associating, and just taking care of the business of the holidays. Let the little grey cells rest, so to speak. Immerse myself in the spirit of the season, and the frantic activity of the malls. Perhaps that will give me a bit of an energy boost going into next years projects. Barring a major change of plans, those projects will be the fixing of the "The ways of Khrem" and the writing of "Argiope." I may still do the occasional short story. Just to keep my hand in. But I do need to try novels again.
But that is only going to work if I can stay out of the gluten and keep my I.Q. above double digits. We'll see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment