Monday, February 8, 2010

Heading for the Well


Well, I'm between stories again and soon it will be time to head back to that well.
.
My choices of anthologies with the two publishers I'm used to is narrowing. LL Dreamspell has a revenge themed anthology, while Pill Hill has a monster anthology and a space anthology that might be up my alley. My latest work has gone to Pill Hill, so I think I'll try to come up with something for LL Dreamspellt this time.
.
Revenge is a pretty rich field, but at the moment I don't have any ideas for it. Sometimes it helps to ponder on a specific topic for a day or two and see if something comes up. Research revenge as a topic, and see if some article or observation I come across sparks a little inspiration. LL Dreamspell also has a romance anthology open, but my wife is still laughing at the idea of me being able to write one of those.
.
On another note, the Super Bowl party went well and we all had a good time. The game was exciting, the food was good, and the kids were only mildly obnoxious. Okay, the kids were actually vibrating with the excitement of us having company, and vying for attention any way they could. But it wasn't too bad. Basically we all sat around, watched football, and complained about our diets. It was fun.
.
Now I just need a story.

2 comments:

  1. The game had an inauspicious start, but turned out great after that. Unless of course you were rooting for the Colts. Then it had an auspicious start and went downhill from there. But seeing a team that had never won before trounce a top team kind of gave you the warm fuzzies. Unless you were a Colts fan. Then it gave you indigestion. I was rooting for New Orleans. I didn't know that much about either team, but if Daddy didn't like Peyton Manning, there had to be a reason, so New Orleans it was. Which means I got to experience the warm fuzzies, instead of the indigestion. Well, actually, I got both. Randy's burgers tasted great going down, but wanted to argue after that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. No burgers at our place. Well, not exactly. We had kubideh, deviled eggs, deli meatsn, and veggies. Kind of an odd layout for a Super Bowl, but all of us were on different kinds of diets.

    ReplyDelete