Friday, August 28, 2009

Frito Pie Day.


I was blissfully sleeping in, enjoying restful dreams, when the six year old woke me up and informed me that it was the perfect time to go enjoy frito pies with him. Since Karla was home to watch Rowan, I really didn't have an excuse not to. Besides, I sort of liked the idea.

So, I spent the late part of the morning in Old Town Spring, eating a frito pie and listening to Sheridan extol the virtues of his first cherry slushie. He still intends to be an astronaut, but is quite proud of his mother the animal doctor, and his father the writer. After the brief conversation about careers, we moved on to the subject of "things smaller than bugs". I have been informed that this list includes germs, venus flytraps, and black holes. I'm not sure how that works, but he seems pretty positive. I suppose I'm gonna have to explain the contradiction of a venus flytrap being smaller than it's prey. But at least he's right about germs . . . and who knows about black holes?

Oh well, today I intend to do the last bit of editing on my story today and get it off to Pill Hill Press tonight. I need to get a check in the mail so I can buy a bunch of authors copies from them too.

Ah well, things to do . . . things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment