Friday, July 9, 2010

Sigh

I watched The Princess Bride with my son last night, and it put me in a really odd and rather meloncholy mood. Honestly, I think it's one of the best movies ever made, and the musical score is a soulful favorite of mine. I only see it every few years, but it's always like visiting an old friend.

But this time it really drove home how time has flown by. It was twenty three years ago when I first watched Inigo Montoya finally catch the six fingered man, and The Dread Pirate Roberts rescue his princess Buttercup. It seems like the movie comes from a completely different world now.

How the hell did I get so old?

Oh well, I finished my formatting project so I'm getting ready for the next project. I've just migrated The Tragedy Man over to my laptop/writing computer for rewriting. I'll post a snippet of it later today. I mainly just need to rewrite the ending, and tweak a few things...like renaming it. Anyways, it will be the second story in "4."

This weekend I intend to spend time with Sheridan so there won't be a lot of writing accomplished. That's okay, I need more Sheridan time. It's good for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment