Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good Morning


Well, I'm up early after going to bed at 8:30 last night.

I had done an interview with Dungeon Crawler's Radio and I think I did a pretty terrible job of it, to be honest. I got sidetracked, and I came off as pretty lame.  The interview only lasted about thirteen minutes, and I think I managed to talk about everything but my book. I knew I had blown it when I hung up the phone, so I popped a meletonin in disgust and went to bed.

Sigh!

I've started a new project, which is writing down dreams in the morning when I can remember them. I only dream in little snippets, as opposed to entire "stories" that some people report dreaming in, but there might be an idea or two worth pulling up in those snippits. Who knows? One of my best stories, "Rite of Passage" comes from a nightmare I had, so it could be well worth doing.

While the two snippets I had last night were weird in an unremarkable sort of way, I do remember laying there in bed afterwards with the oddest thought in my head....

We are all just tiny little lives in this vast sparkling river of history, and the things we create cause us to shine a little brighter.

I lay there in the dark and I could see it. It was like this immense river of stars coming out of the darkness and flowing towards infinity, with billions of tiny lives making each point of light. It flowed to some grand higher purpose against a majestic celestial music I could sense but not really hear.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch that melatonin. I think I was still half asleep when that came to me.

I like that thought, though.

1 comment: