Friday, April 30, 2010

Writer's NIght Out





I went out to Denny's with Cherri Galbiati last night, and we discussed our trade until...well actually, we only stayed until eleven. Not only that, I was good and kept my carbs down. Sigh, now I'm eating healthy and going to bed early on my writer's nights out.

I'm officially old.

Oh well, today I go back to editing. I had intended to do more yesterday, but forgot about my son's birthday party at school. That ended up taking half my day, right there. I will make much better progress today. I'm also marshaling my resources and doing research for my upcoming marketing endeavors.

When I'm done editing this novel, I think I'll take a break and go back to short stories for a little bit before returning to Argiope. The nice thing about short stories is you can get that feeling of accomplishment a whole lot sooner than novels. They're good for momentum. Besides, I've been working on a fantasy novel for so long, it's been months since I have worked on a horror story...although my first short stories will be Christmas stories, due to deadlines. That's okay, variety makes for a better writer.

On the home front, something has crawled into my garage and died. I'm going to have to figure out how to go digging through the debris out there and find it, so it can have a proper burial. Oh how I long for the good old days of living in an apartment! Where is my maintenance man!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I always enjoyed living in an apartment...and explaining to the maintenance man that the 4-year old was on my list of people who would be hung up on the wall because she had just spilled 1/2 a quart of green paint on the tan carpeting. Tan carpeting that wasn't mine...

    ReplyDelete