Sunday, April 4, 2010

So What's It All About


While working on Argiope, I started to ponder the meanings of the story...and if it even had any.
.
The Ways of Khrem actually does tackle a couple of deeper issues, even if they are overshadowed by the action, atmosphere, and setting. But what about Argiope?
.
I'm not sure yet.
.
First of all, The Ways of Khrem just sort of worked out that way. The issues dealt with sort of naturally arose from the story itself, and therefore needed to be dealt with on one level or another. And the underlying plotline of that series will probably see to it that that keeps happening.
.
Argiope may be a different beast. I don't know yet. The charactor will have to make a couple of moral choices later in the book, so at least some meaning will be there, and they won't necessarily be easy. At the same time, I can see how a couple of other charactors could be used to explore the idea of what it is to be human, and what makes one human. One of them may not even be human at all. At this stage it's just too early to tell.
.
But I do admit I like my stories to be about something.
.
Oh well, Happy Easter everybody! And may you find all the right meanings in your life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment