Saturday, April 3, 2010

Minor Milestone


I have now crossed the thirty thousand word mark in Argiope. Woohoo! It seems like theres always something coming up to interfere with progress on that novel, but it's still coming along in fits and starts.
.
So now it's at thirty thousand words, and a body count of eleven dead and four wounded...with two shootouts, one bombing, and now two close encounters of the arachnid kind.
.
One thing this book shouldn't be short of, is action. I actually have reached a part where I'm considering slowing it down for a while. It's pacing has been faster than I originally intended, although I don't know yet if that's a good thing or bad. So far, the couple of proofreaders who have seen it have approved, so I'll just have to wait until the first draft is finally finished before worrying about things like that. Right now I would estimate I'm about a third of the way done, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I will get back to you on this in the next couple days!! Homework ambushed my preference for reading Argiope!!

    ReplyDelete