Sunday, April 18, 2010

Closing In



I've been working hard on the edit to Part III and now there is a very good chance I will finish it tonight. I only have few pages left, then I'll go back over it to see if I missed anything. This has been quite a project, and its sort of odd that a lot of work has gone into changes that really don't change the story at all, but makes it read smoother. But I guess that's the whole point.

My nights and days are now completely backwards, so I guess I'll have to stay up on Sunday to straighten that out. That's just added incentive to finish tonight, so I can sleep tomorrow evening. I won't be able to write during the day because I'll be groggy...and Nate don't write well groggy. Trust me, when I try it's a trainwreck.

I'll be glad to get this behind me because it has also made me fat again. I lost twenty pounds over the course of February and March, and in April I gained it all back without the month even being over. Sigh. Maybe I'm just supposed to be a fat writer.

Oh well, back to work.

UPDATE: I've finished and sent it in to Pill Hill Press. Whew! Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do next. I still need to rework the ending to The Barrow Wolf, and there is also the matter of getting back to Argiope. While I was working on the old novel, I figured out how I was going to handle a scene in the new one. Sometimes stepping away from something really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment