Friday, April 16, 2010

Step One: Done



Okay, I have gone through the manuscript of Part III: The Ghost of Candlewalk Lane and accepted or rejected almost all the suggested changes. I'm still debating a couple, as too close to call so I'll come back to them. It's now time to start working on rewording awkward or wordy sentences. There are a fair number of those, since this story was one of the first stories I ever wrote and I was still learning on the job. But I guess that never stops.

Anyways, that milestone has been crossed and means I have a reasonable chance of getting this edit done by early next week. Then we start on the second edits. Those should go a lot faster.

Soon, I should be finding out what the artist who is doing my book cover has come up with.I'm waiting with fingers crossed, baited breath, and an enormous amount of curiousity.

On the home front, the boy did good in school today and is trying to be on his best behavior so he can get a milkshake tomorrow. This weekend is the carnival, and I intend to take him to that come hell or high water. I'll check the weather to see what day works best. I would like to do it on Sunday, as I hear thats when you see more families, but if the weather forecast even looks remotely doubtful I'll take him earlier. There will be no repeat of last weekend.

He also has a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll have to think about presents.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you (regarding the book thing, not so much the carnival :) )

    Hopefully, the artist actually read your story first. I find it most annoying when the image depicted on the cover turns out to have no resemblance to the contents of the book. But, then again, I'm hypercritical most when I like the story inside. Either way, I will be first in line to get it when it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit I'm nervous as a cat about that cover. We'll all just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete