Thursday, June 4, 2009

On the Road Again


Went to Denny's last night to have a writer's meeting with Cherri Galbiati. Consumed large quantities of cheesy fries, and discussed our projects. Inspiration is getting fattening. If I'm going to trim down for August vacation, I'm going to have to start getting inspired on a whole lot less carbs.

Wrote a thousand words yesterday. The new short story is a scifi that dwells on a morbid aspect of cybernetics and what it means to be human. Although if half what they are saying about this upcoming "singularity" is true, it is well within the limits of possibility. The basic notion being that if you put enough cybernetic hardware into a person, not only does life change dramatically...but so does dying. I'll try shopping this one around on one of the online magazines when it's done.

Starting to read submissions from other authors. So far, not bad. But at least my confidence in my own stuff is rising. At first I was afraid that I would be in amongst a bunch of professionals who would make my work look silly. It appears that I am amongst contemporaries, which is in no way a slight to the other authors since I like my stuff.

Now I just have to find out if you can feed inspiration on a diet of coffee with artificial sweetener. But not until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment