Saturday, June 27, 2009

Back From the Convention: Day 2


It was a short, but productive and exhausting day. I only got two hours of sleep the night before, just due to sheer insomnia, so I had that whole wide grainy eyed thing going at the convention. Needless to say, I was sucking down caffiene like a junkie. It was a pretty pitiful sight.

But the writers workshop went very well. I managed to give good, and what I thought were helpful, critiques to the other writers. They all seemed to be satisfied with my offering, and nobody had their feelings hurt. That is always a win in my book. "Rite of Passage" got very strong reviews and some helpful suggestions to make it even better. When the one lady said it actually gave her nightmares, I took that as the highest form of praise. I intend to incorporate most of the suggestions given at the critique, and then hold on to the story until LL Dreamspell opens up it's next ghost story anthology.

I also had the pleasure of talking with an extraordinary author by the name of Alexis Glynn Latner. She was a fountain of information and helpful advice. I look forward to meeting her again at the next Final Twist meeting.

Ah well, off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment