Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Working Again


So I'm about five thousand words into my new project. Right now it's placeholder title is "Dead Stop."

It's going to be my contribution to the zombie genre.

After reading several titles and giving it a lot of thought, I came up with the basic way I intended to approach the subject. I'm going to blend the old school with the new, and I'm actually doing some (rather morbid) research in the effort to make this as authentic as I can. I'm sort of a fiend when it comes to things like that. My fantasy worlds have to make sense...so do my zombies. Trust me, it doesn't take anything away from them at all.

As a matter of fact, one of the issues I'm wrestling with on this project is whether or not to publish it under my name or a pseudonym. It's definitely going to be bloodier and more violent than anything I've published before, and more disturbing in other ways as well. Of course, by todays standards what I consider gory is probably pretty tame in other peoples books. Anyways, I'll probably just focus on finishing the story before worrying about what name to put on it.

At least I've been writing. Whether it goes anywhere or not...we shall see. The main thing is to keep hammering those keys. I had let myself get bogged down to the point I wasn't doing that so much anymore. Now I'm trying to get it back.

But as Seth Rogin emphasizes in his book, Poking the Box, the main thing is to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment