Sunday, August 1, 2010

Family Adventure: Day 2


I slept in on day 2.

Apparently all the heat and walking at Kemah took a lot out of me. That's got me thinking about a future project. I'll mull it over for a few days before posting it, but for now I'll just carry on carrying on.

After a nearly noon shower and a can of caffiene, I went with my family out to the Rainforest Cafe and then the Galveston Strand. Both are a tradition that we do every year. This year we ran into some turbulence, though. Rowan suddenly decided she was scared of the Rainforest Cafe jungle ride. It's never bothered her before, but with autism theres always a new surprise around the corner. Then she turned out to also be scared at the cafe itself when the lights would darken and they would have their tropical rainforest storm. Hmmmn...this could be a problem in the future.

Then we took a walk up and down one of the streets of the Strand. This piece of historic Galveston has shops and eating places in the old downtown. We stopped at a candy store and I loaded up on chocolate...just what my waistband needed. We checked a few other stores out, but it was hot and we were pretty low on energy. So we made an early day of it and came back to the resort.

I made dinner while allowing Karla to take my laptop down to the resort activity center so she could have a little internet time. I know I'm taking an awful chance, and my laptop may come back choking and hacking from virus infestation, but it's a chance I've decided to take. Yes, I'm not only a writer but I'm a wonderful and thoughtful husband too. Go me!

Tomorrow will be Moody Gardens. I don't know if it will be the water park there, or the pyramids. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll try and check in tomorrow night.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment