Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And Then There Were None...


Yesterday, I had the experience of having both my children off to school for the day.

I think I handled it with grace and aplomb...and went back to bed. It was glorious! Six hours of child free solitude. They could sell this stuff by the gallon! I barely knew what to do with myself...when I was conscious, that is.

Anyways, I had harbored fears over how my seven year old was going to deal with public school, after having spent first grade in a small classroom with only two other kids his age. and a lot less restrictive environment. It turns out he came home bubbling with excitement, full of tales of lunchrooms, playgrounds, and bus rides. Needless to say, that was a huge weight off my shoulders. Of course, we'll see what happens after the honeymoon period is over...but for now at least I can feel a little better about the whole thing.

Rowan's teacher wrote that she simply went right back to her old routine as if she had never left. That's another worry alleviated, as I had worried about how much she would backslide over the summer. Of course, with her going to all that therapy, it wasn't like she had been totally ignored in that department. But it's still good to know she is doing well at school too. She said "bye bye bus" yesterday when she got home, totally unprompted. That's very verbal for her.

Anyways, I also have a new story up on Amazon.com but I'll make another post about that later.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment