Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Writers Night Out


Cherri Galbiati and I went out to Denny's last night for our weekly writers pow wow. I was bad and gave in to the temptation of cheesy fries and soda. It's okay though because Cherri did too, thus mitigating my guilt. Tomorrow I crawl back on the wagon though.

I've decided to take a bit of rest from writing for a bit, and catch up on my reading. I've been trying to hard to force stories, and maybe I just need to refuel the old mental tanks. Besides, I haven't read much of current genre material and I need to get caught up on what is the norm nowadays. And if some really good idea comes to mind for a story, I'm still free to write it. I'm just not going to try and force anything. I have already written over a hundred thousand words since Thanksgiving, and it's been suggested to me that I might be running the risk of burnout.

I certainly don't want that.

So I'll focus on reading, housework, Rowan, and getting ready for July 4th this week. Unless of course that aforementioned brilliant idea pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment