Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th


Had a great July the Fourth.

I went with my father, and my brother Randy, to watch baseball at the park...and then we enjoyed fireworks with the kids after the game.

I tried to pay close attention to the game, the crowd, and everything. I wanted to drink it all in so I could better express it sometime if I ever needed to write about it. It's funny, being a writer sort of makes you like a kid all over again. You become intent on trying to take it all in, and you enjoy the hell out of it like you did when you were twelve years old. There is so much there.

The kids had a great time too. Sometimes you can experience joy through their eyes in ways that were long forgotten. The world is still new to them. The fireworks are still magic. The smallest parades are still grand. And the future is nowhere near as crucial as the now.

Sometimes it's good to get back a little more in tune with the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment