Thursday, July 16, 2009

Woohoo!


Tonight I put pen to the final line of the first draft "Closing Time." Well, actually I typed it but I think everybody gets the idea.

There is still a lot of editing and revising left to do, but it's always a moment of celebration when you finally get a story "done". That makes seven short stories this year for me. Four have been accepted, one rejected, and two are awaiting the proper time for submission. Not bad. I'll probably spend the next couple of weeks before vacation, just editing and finalizing the two unsubmitted stories. "Rite of Passage" is in a close to final state, just needing to have some of the issues pointed out at the writers workshop dealt with. That won't take long. "Closing Time" is still in it's infancy, meaning I can spot problems on page one. Still, as an overall story it works and it reads fast and easy.

Ah well, off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment