Thursday, June 9, 2011

The World as It Is




So Friday is here and the first week of summer home with the kids has passed. I guess we all survived it pretty well, but it’s going to get tougher for me from here. That’s actually good news in a way, because the reason it’s going to get tougher is that Karla got some steady work at a vet clinic so I won’t have her home as much to help me with the kids…but on the other hand we don’t have to eat our shoes.

Yay, Karla!

I didn’t even have any idea how you are supposed to cook shoes.



Meh, they probably have gluten in them anyways…

So there’s that.

On another front, I have been reading and cogitating, with just a little writing thrown in here and there. I really kind of think I ought to write one or two more short stories to add to a future horror anthology I intend to put out, but I’ve just been in a mellow mood lately and can’t think of anything horrible…other than eating shoes, and who wants to read a story about that?

So, I’m just in kind of what I hope is a pregnant pause in short story writing. At least until I can start thinking of horrible things again. I kind of think they will come.

We’ll see.

Anyways, my strategy is simply not to worry about it and focus on the world in front of me for a  while. My son is going to do his Raingutter Regata in Cub Scouts this weekend and that should be a lot of fun. It’s just little homemade boats racing each other in a “gutter” of sorts. I’ll soak that in and enjoy life as it happens…after all, it only happens once…and I’m sure the writing will take care of itself.

Things are okay J

No comments:

Post a Comment