Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Little More Research and Stuff


Spent today taking care of Rowan, doing a little laundry, and doing more research.

Apparently the Brazos River and it's tributaries have a rather bloody past. Especially in the form of Indian attacks on settlements in the early to mid 1800s. One of the worst was actually during the Civil War. Makes for useful background, hopefully for future stories.

Pill Hill press just started taking submissions for "scary stories on the seas" for an upcoming anthology. I asked if I could use a riverboat on the old Brazos instead, and they said that would be fine. So thats one potential story to work on. Aw well, vacation looms and I have a lot to get done. Not to mention, the wife is ordering me to bed, so I might as well sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment