Friday, October 1, 2010

Woohoo!


The tenth month is upon us. It is October!

This has always been my favorite month of the year, ever since I was a little kid. First of all, it ends with Halloween, which was one of my favorite holidays. Then there is the fact that my birthday is the week before, and childhood images of chocolate cakes with candy pumpkins are conjured. My cakes have always been that, as long  as I can remember. Sweet chocolaty memories. I don't think it needs to be said that all diets are off on my birthday. :)

My in-laws are coming into town sometime today, which means Karla wants the house nice and spiffy and she has taken the day off to see that things work out that way. Fortunately for the kids, they get to go to school. I will try to keep a low profile and slip out when I see a chance. Then we can all come back once the in-laws actually get here and it's safe. Karla won't murder us while witnesses are around.

Sheridan has said he wants to be a robot for Halloween. I need to start plotting that. He could always change his mind between now and then, but it's best to be ready. I'll have to see what I can construct out of cardboard and tinfoil. I've got a few ideas in mind. Of course, he wants his robot to have missiles...and a laser...and a flamethrower...and lord knows what else. I'll see what I can do. I was once a little boy too...once.

Not much writing done today. I did a little work on my next Khrem story, but I'm not sure I'm happy with what I did. I guess I'll just keep keep it for now with the knowledge I can always come back and change it later. I suppose any progress is progress, so it's all good...but it really isn't very good and I'm not pleased with it. I'm actually sort of in the mood to write a ghost story, but I don't have one in mind. Blech. Sometimes being a writer sucks.

Happy October, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment