Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend Update 2


So we decided not to do Renfest this weekend. I'm still under the weather and we didn't feel like taking the risk of making it worse after all this time. So we'll settle for taking the kids to a nearby park, and then the mall. After that, we'll just come back home and watch the football games.

I'm actually working on the next scene in Argiope so that's coming along. I think deciding to focus on finishing it, as opposed to splitting my attention between projects, is the right move. I have had too many irons in the fire lately, and not getting anything done. Considering I'm at the halfway point on Argiope, it only made sense to go ahead and finish that one. Besides, I wasn't really happy with the work I have gotten done on the Khrem stories...and since those are currently my signature fantasy stories, I'm not going to settle for just anything there.

Gotta keep those standards high!

I also need to get back to reading. Ever since I have started writing, my reading has simply stopped. I hardly read anything but the occasional internet article anymore. So now I've found a book that made a big impression on me when I was a teenager...about thirty years ago. It's called 50 Great Ghost Stories, edited by John Canning. I even found one with the old graveyard and ghost cover like the one of yore. So I bought it used off  the internet and I'm starting to read my way through it again. It kind of puts me back in my grandmothers house, reading on the front porch while visiting her that summer so long ago. I think it will be my first book review on Goodreads.

Anyways, it's nice to be reading again and I hope it fuels my own imagination as well. I think my muse has been running on fumes lately. Here's hoping this perks the little booger back up...before I have to get rough with the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment