Monday, October 18, 2010

Hacking and Wheezing into Monday


Writer's Night Out was cancelled last night, due to illness on Cherri's part. It sounds like she has the same thing I do, but is about three or four days behind me. I've gotten past the fever and chills, but I'm still hacking and wheezing like an asthmatic. So naturally, I went out to Denny's anyways by myself so I could do some reading and writing outside the house.

Sometimes it's just good to get away for a few hours. My Cowboys let me down again today, so there was no joy in the Mudville of my Heart.. (hey, that's catchy!) They have apparently decided to see if they can lose each football game in a fashion more stupid than the one before. So far, they are doing a swell job of it. Needless to say, I didn't get much stress relief watching my team.

On the brighter side, I did get fifteen hundred more words written on Argiope. I'm not even sure I will keep the scene, but at least it's written. It adds a tiny bit of depth, not a lot, to a rather unsympathetic character. I don't know yet if I want to do that, but it's better to have something written and available. At least I'm producing. So I'll continue this focus on Argiope for now.

Tonight is Sheridan's Cub Scout Meeting. His mother has been drilling him on his Cub Scout homework, so he should be ready. I think Cub Scouts will be good for him. It's just hard for poor Karla to find time away from her work schedule to help make things possible. She's really trying though, and doing great. We won't be able to attend the whole campout this coming weekend, but we'll try and at least drop by during the day.

Ah well, Happy Monday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment