Thursday, April 8, 2010

Writer's Night Out


I went out to Denny's with Cherri Galbiati, and we sat and discussed writing until midnight. Throw in a bunch of good food and a lot of caffiene, and I had a great time.
.
It's good to sit and talk with another writer. Somebody who can actually understand where you are coming from and what you are talking about. And somebody who has the same interests in the industry as you do. We discussed ebooks, and new york publishers, piracy, and ipads...and both agree that the field is changing right before our eyes.
.
It's an interesting time to be a writer.
.
I'm trying to learn this profession as fast as I can. I want to at least know what I'm doing, both on the writing end of things and the business end of things. I'm not worried about getting rich at this, or even making it "big time." Big time seems to equal New York publishing, and I've heard so many horror stories from authors about that that I don't think that the "big time" is for me at all. But that doesn't mean I don't intend to succeed at what I'm doing. I intend to do as well as I can, and see where it takes me.
.
That's what it's all about. The journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment