Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toiling for Great Happiness



Well, I feel better about today.

I've finally been able to start working on the edit for Part Three of my novel, and have been making good progress. At this point, I'm just accepting or rejecting changes, with acceptances at the usual 90+ percent. Once I get through the whole manuscript, then I go back and look into the requests for rewording or further elaboration. It feels good to be doing it, since I really haven't been able to write this week.

I think the lack of progress earlier might have been part of what had me feeling down. I chafed at not getting anything done, knowing that I have a lot to do. And somehow that takes on a life of it's own and things start piling up around me. So getting some editing done...and sorting a load of laundry...has me feeling that I'm finally on track again.

And who knows...maybe me being in a better frame of mind will rub off on the kids.

Sheridan had trouble in a particular class the last couple of weeks, so he had been scolded and warned that he needed to be extra good in that class this week if he wanted to go to the library. So naturally, Mr. Literal was a perfect angel in that class and a total trainwreck in the others. Therefore his mother, Mrs. Literal, took him to the library as promised, but then made him work his butt off in the yard helping her rake and bag leaves all afternoon.

Oh well, I look forward to a brighter tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of raising children and other such myths. LOL. Some days they are darling and you can't imagine what you ever did without them. Other days, you would gladly ship them off to the nearest salt mine, free of charge. Some days I still feel that way about my little angel - and she's 19!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep threatening to sell them to gypsies, but I can't find any takers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have gypsies, here in Finland, but alas they won't take kids anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat! Now even the gypsies are letting us down.

    ReplyDelete