Monday, April 12, 2010

Well, That Didn't Work



Another weekend like this, and Sheridan is going to want to divorce his parents.

Saturday we told him we were going to the movies, then that didn't work out. Then we told him we would go to the inflatable "bounce" house, and that didn't work out. Then Sunday I told him I would take him to the carnival that evening, only to get there and discover it closed early on Sunday. I felt so bad for the poor boy. We managed to get his hopes up three different times this weekend, only to take him right to the door of the place and then disappoint him. He knows we tried, but that still has to be rough on a six year old. There were a few tears involved, and I couldn't blame him.

We did manage to get the carpets cleaned, though. So the adults are happy. I also got the carnival hours for next weekend.

Now I guess I'll need to pick a project to work on while waiting for the edit to Part Three to come my way. I'm thinking of working on a couple of short stories I promised a friend. They will be Christmas stories...a genre I have never tried before. We'll see how that works out. I'm normally a fantasy/horror writer, and my instincts are usually the more dead bodies the better. The only body I'm allowed for this one is the turkey on the table.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. While all sorts of possibilities for dead bodies do occur when being forced to share a holiday with in-laws, I think you can manage to come up with SOMETHING happy. Think back to how your mom tried to make holidays, not always how they came out ;-) Especially, try looking at it from your mom's view point - the wonder and joy of the holiday that she sees. Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try. This "thinking happy" is giving my brain a cramp. I keep wanting to put a corpse or monster behind the Christmas tree...or a killer Christmas tree...Ohhh cooolll!!!

    Sigh :(

    ReplyDelete