Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Shiny Weekend



The weekend is upon us. And it's a big one for the kids.

Friday night, Sheridan got to go to his school and watch movies and eat pizza with his friends. It's called Parent's Night Out...but I put it to better use. I had just gotten in the edit for Part II: The Cistern, and it was a fairly light job, so I buckled down and did about half of it while Sheridan was out, then the rest of it after he went to bed. So that counts as a surprise bonus for the weekend, and one job out of the way.

Saturday, a theatre about forty five minutes from here is going to have a showing of How to Train Your Dragon, and it's going to have the rules geared towards autistic kids. Rowan will be able to go see her first movie. We will be able to bring safe food with us, and the rules about quietness in the theatre has been relaxed. I really hope she enjoys this. Then, Saturday afternoon I plan to rent a carpet steam cleaner and attack our living room carpet.

Sunday, I will take Sheridan to the Crawfish Festival in Spring. He loves the carnival, and will want to ride all the rides...or at least most of them. He told me today he didn't want to ride the "big loop that goes upside down," because that's obviously for nine year olds. He'll wait.

So my plate is full. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment