Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Weekend is Upon Us


It's the weekend, so I slept in.

Anyways, I'm thinking of taking the kids to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow. The weather looks good for it, and that will get it out of the way early this year. I've always wanted to go to the last day of it in December, but every time I have tried it hasn't worked out and I ended up missing the festival for the year. So my strategy this year is go ahead and take the family as soon as I can, then try and catch it myself later. Sounds like a workable plan to me.

Now if I can just shake this nasty cough. Oh well, I can cough at Renfest just as good as I can cough at home. So, no excuses.

Got another scene finished on Argiope, now I need to come up with a scene to cut away too in order to break the flow a little. Oh well, at least a little writing is getting done.

The only other thing to report is that the Two Ends of the Pen  reviewed The Ways of Khrem. It got four out five stars, so I'm more than happy with it. Anything that is three out of five or above is a win in my book. I have a lot of confidence in the book, but I do enjoy it when other's like it too.

Anyways, I need to set a goal. So my new goal is to finish Argiope by the end of the year. It's already halfway through October, and I'm a lot further along at 57,000 words with Argiope than I am on anything else. So, lets see if I can have a working first draft by sometime in December, then the year will be salvaged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment